Powered by the 3DEXPERIENCE® platform, ENOVIA is the place to plan your definition of success.
Innovation increasingly means global teams collaborating with global information in a social context – and doing so with clarity, confidence and consistency.
ENOVIA powered by the 3DEXPERIENCE® platform, enables you to plan your definition of success. With a broad portfolio of technical and business applications, ENOVIA enables stakeholders across the enterprise to contribute to sustainable innovation.
BILL OF MATERIALS MANAGEMENT
MAINTAIN A SINGLE VERSION OF THE TRUTH
ENOVIA Bill of Materials Management empowers product engineers to create and maintain a complete, accurate, and up-to-date bill of materials (BOMs). Today, most products require contributions from multiple disciplines including mechanical, electrical and software engineering. This increases product complexity and, therefore, the task of creating an accurate BOM and maintaining it as changes occur through the product development process. Enterprise stakeholders depend on an accurate BOM to purchase, manufacture, sell, and support products. ENOVIA provides a consolidated, fully connected global or site-specific view of the bill of materials, and a common automated development and change process to maintain accuracy. The result is improved collaboration, less rework, higher product quality and lower development costs.
- Streamline inventory management and costs by consolidating part design
- Arm users with accurate information so the correct parts are available when needed
- Leverage stakeholder knowledge and skills across the enterprise and improve time to market
CONFIGURATION AND CHANGE MANAGEMENT
ENSURE BUSINESS AGILITY
Today, agility to quickly deliver product variants to the market is critical for companies seeking to meet rapidly changing consumer demand for personalized products. ENOVIA Configuration Management helps manufacturers with highly configurable products manage global product designs and bill of materials containing all variants. Product designers and engineers create product configurations for analysis or to validate supported product options
Development organizations must also address the challenge of increased product and process complexity. ENOVIA Change Management facilitates a unified enterprise-wide change process across all impacted organizations to confirm approval and validation of changes before implementation. A common change process increases productivity, improves collaboration and ensures proper notifications to reduce errors.
- Meet target product delivery dates while maintaining product consistency and performance
- Ensure ever-evolving customer requirements are built into product development scenarios and communicated effectively throughout the organization
ENOVIA Design Management manages and secures design data across geographically dispersed teams and throughout the extended value chain. ENOVIA powered by the 3DEXPERIENCE platform, manages designs authored with CATIA® 3DEXPERIENCE®, CATIA V5, SOLIDWORKS and third-party CAD tools. ENOVIA enables true enterprise collaboration by providing stakeholders early visibility to product data and related design information before final product decisions are made. For manufacturers, ENOVIA supports both formal and ad hoc design reviews, accessible to all stakeholders, to help foster new ideas, identify issues and track actions to ensure closure.
With real-time access to the latest product data, engineers, designers, and package designers improve collaboration, reduce search time and eliminate design errors associated with working on outdated information.
- Improve market positioning by introducing products that customers want, the first time
- Reduce costs associated with rework and use those savings to accelerate innovation
- Protect your brand identity with processes that provide only a single access to the material
IP CLASSIFICATION AND PROTECTION
SECURE INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY
A company’s ability to leverage and protect intellectual property (IP) without exceptions is critical to short and long-term success. ENOVIA IP Classification enables companies to accelerate product development and shorten time-to-market through reuse of design components and product documentation; increase reliability, quality and lower cost by reusing previously validated product content; and improved collaboration by enabling users across the enterprise to find and add their own product content.
ENOVIA IP Protection protects IP without compromising a company’s ability to effectively collaborate both internally and externally. From a single enterprise-wide platform, organizations are able to manage all of their relevant product data and safely share that information according to organization, nationality or physical location. A common set of security rules and exception classification framework ensures authorized access and prevents unauthorized disclosure of intellectual property (IP).
- Leverage product information from other enterprise systems by federating their IP into the context of product development business processes
- Organize data in multiple ways that best suits EACH role or activity
- Eliminate files based data exchange
- Put day-to-day IP management in the hands of the users
- Classify IP and enforce security requirements to fulfill regulations like ITAR
- Keep history of data access and downloads for critical IP
- Track IP usage across various projects and customers
PRODUCT PLANNING AND PROGRAM MANAGEMENT
DELIVER PROJECTS ON-TIME AND UNDER BUDGET
Today, many companies still manage programs with disconnected resource, project and authoring applications. The result is manual, time-consuming, and error prone collection and consolidation of program data from which critical business decisions are made. ENOVIA Product Planning and Program Management associates the definition and development of the product portfolio with the tracking of the projects used to govern it. Implications of portfolio decisions can be quickly assessed against the project schedule. As a result, a project manager can take action to resolve issues with a full understanding of the impact to the portfolio. Governance is standardized using best-in-class business processes across the extended enterprise.
Deliverables-based project management links product development data to project execution. With “invisible governance,” projects update with real-time deliverable status providing the ability to identify potential issues and risks before they materialize. Product planning and development cycle times can be optimized within scope, capacity and resource constraints.
- Determine the optimal mix of product capabilities to meet market demands and minimize engineering costs
- Schedule and track all aspects of the product development process in real time as the work is completed
- Plan and manage resource assignments based on real-time information on availability
QUALITY AND COMPLIANCE
RAISE QUALITY AND ENSURE COMPLIANCE
Today, many manufacturers’ have quality management systems that only address quality at a functional level, not enterprise-wide. The result is no full end-to-end visibility of issues or common use of best practices to optimize quality and quality processes across the organization. ENOVIA Quality Management provides an effective and efficient quality management system to enforce common quality processes, support global and local regulatory requirements and manage all quality events, such as corrective and preventive actions (CAPA), product nonconformance, and audits, across the enterprise.
In many industries, such as Healthcare and Life Sciences, ensuring regulatory compliance is business critical. ENOVIA Compliance Management helps ensure proper product approvals and certificates in support of business sustainability as well as product safety and effectiveness.
Global operating companies must ensure materials compliance to regional environmental directives. With ENOVIA Compliance Management, compliance managers can implement a well-defined process for requesting, reviewing, and approving materials compliance. Product compliance can be assessed and documented to meet material regulations.
- Extend compliance data to a broader audience, allowing for more effective decisions and awareness
- Integrate supplier declarations early into the product development
- Design in material compliance and monitor in real-time
- Establish end-to-end traceability during the development process that can be leveraged for impact analysis
STRATEGIC CUSTOMER RELATIONSHIPS
EXCEED CUSTOMER EXPECTATIONS
ENOVIA Strategic Customer Relationship helps Product and Requirement Managers to capture and managing customer requirements throughout the product development process to delight customers and ensure market success. Translating the “voice of the customer” into data-driven requirements that define new products improves the development process by connecting product features and capabilities directly to customer needs. Full traceability of requirements reduces process complexity and leads to better decision making when making time-to-market vs. functionality trade-offs.
For Merchandiser Managers, ENOVIA powered by the 3DEXPERIENCE platform provides the ability to simulate retail settings inside an immersive, lifelike 3D environment to validate and deploy shopping experiences, improve financial and operational performance, customer relationships and business partnerships. Brand manufacturers can explore shopping experiences with their retail business partners that best optimize shelf performances and consumer experiences across store locations.
- Capture customer needs and drive downstream development by planning new products with the greatest market impact – enables you to co-create with your customers
- Prioritize requirements based on value delivered
- Model systems with interactions and analyze the impact on the experience
STRATEGIC SUPPLIER RELATIONSHIPS
CONNECT THE SUPPLY CHAIN
For Collection Planners and Managers in the consumer goods, fashion or retail industry, conducting seasonal line planning, ensuring proper product development, creating product sourcing plans and managing global suppliers are complex tasks. ENOVIA powered by the 3DEXPERIENCE platform supports the creation and implementation of standard processes to enhance collaboration with the supply chain, minimize sourcing risks, manage vendors and improve the planning process.
ENOVIA provides the planning, visibility and checking needed to manage sourcing in a global and competitive environment. For Collection Planners, ENOVIA provides a single environment to manage seasonal line planning and product development. And Collection Vendor Managers benefit with seamless connection between vendors and suppliers to brand and retail headquarters, enabling enhanced collaboration, process control, and risk management within the sourcing and pre-production processes.
- Collaborative Sourcing implements a “design for supply” strategy with repeatable and standardized direct material sourcing processes that provide the latest design information to the supply chain and valuable supplier quotation input to engineering
- Supplier Performance Monitoring enhances the supplier partnership by designing, implementing and tracking part qualification plans, supplier development plans, and scorecards